Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birth Story...

Two days after my due date I was beginning to wonder if this baby was every going to come.  I started my Saturday with a light workout and went down to the pool with Andrew and Brooke in the afternoon.  I started to notice that my daily contractions were a little more intense as we left the pool around 3:45pm.  After dinner the contractions were getting worse and more consistent.  So Andrew started to time them for an hour and decided to call my doctor. We were given the green light to come on down.  That's when the panic set in, we are having this baby! Andrew is running around trying to get the last minute packing for the hospital, run Moose to the kennel and get Brooke ready.  By the time we got the hospital it was 7:00pm and it was go time.  They wheeled me up to Labor and Delivery, got me ready and I was already 7 cm and 100% effaced, in a lot of pain! I just barely made it in time for the epidural and by 9:20pm baby Stella was born. Both Stella and I did great and were in prefect health. Overall, the nurses and my doctor could not believe how quick my labor was and easy! (hey, speak for your self!)


Just had my epidural and still pregnant. Almost ready to start pushing. 



Baby Stella makes her grand entrance!


I feel so much better!



Proud big sister Brooke...







Proud Daddy...


Proud Nana...











No comments:

Post a Comment